Rosh Eidah (Unit Head)
Oct. 28, 2010
- Strong background and experience
in camping and/or related fields.
- Desire and ability to work with
children and adults in camp setting. Ability to creatively plan and schedule
programs and activities, and to maximize the skills and talents of staff members
under your direct and indirect supervision.
- Ability to give and receive
- Preferably with strong background
in field relevant to camp work.
- Must be self-starter and able to
work with a minimum of supervision. Must have leadership skills, ability to
motivate, manage, and counsel.
- Ability to teach Jewish concepts
to camp community.
- Ability to work well with Visiting
- Be a member of Leadership Team.
Attend daily meetings. Participate in formulation and implementation of camp
- Directly responsible for planning,
preparation, and implementation of all unit activities. Serve as creative force.
Support programs planned by programming team (in consultation with Activities
Director) and Visiting Faculty (in consultation with them), ensure quality and
- Coordinate activities of staff in
unit: daytime activities of staff members, unit activities, staff time-off.
- Serve as primary, direct
supervisor for all counselors in the designated unit. Perform regular
evaluations for these counselors. Act as role model at camp.
- Act on behalf of the unit on
issues involving camp community. Run unit staff meetings.
- Become directly involved with all
campers and staff. Ongoing camper and staff problems are of particular concern.
Communicate with the Camp Director and Assistant Director. Communicate with
camper parents. Prepare and submit reports, forms, parent letters, articles, and
evaluations as needed.
NOW FOR THIS POSITION