Oct. 28, 2010
- Available to attend proper
certification training prior to the summer.
- Prior experience in activity area;
preferably in a teaching or leadership role.
- Skill and ability in working with
children. Ability to communicate with, relate to, and serve as an example.
- Ability to serve as an adult role
model -- surrogate parent -- for all chanichim.
- Willingness and ability to take
full responsibility for the lives of chanichim. Common sense,
safety-consciousness, and high moral character required.
- Ability to accept guidance and
support. Willingness and ability to ask for help.
- Ability to assist in teaching
- Counselors must be a high school
- A Slasher is a specialist who
lives in cabin.
- Directly responsible for all
chanichim living in one’s assigned cabin: day-to-day involvement with
chanichim as individuals, imparting of camp rules, policies and
traditions. Help every chanichim make friends, become acclimated to life
at Camp, grow towards his or her potential, and become part of the community.
- Responsible for the health,
safety, and happiness of ALL chanichim at ALL times.
- Act as "early-warning system" for
chanichim with problems. Refer to other staff when appropriate.
- Ensure chanichim exercise
good hygiene and health practices. Notify Nurse of problems.
- Help chanichim keep track
- Directly responsible for
cleanliness and good repair of the cabin.
- Participate regularly and
enthusiastically in all Camp programs.
- Teach or assist in teaching
electives and specialties. Plan and lead cabin activities.
- Take an active role in evening
program and/or Z’Man Eidah planning.
- Attend in-camp training sessions
and staff meetings as required.
- Be totally familiar with all
emergency procedures and first aid.
- Able and willing to work with a
variety of staff members in a calm, collected manner at all times.
- Is responsible for technical and
programmatic support of the Department Head; including but not limited to setup
and takedown, prep, camper supervision, and safety.
- Under the direction of the
Department Head, should inventory, maintain, setup and takedown program area.
- Be available to be a support
teacher for various other related activities, and lead them if necessary.
- Follows all Camp and ACA
guidelines for course activities.
FOR THIS POSITION NOW